What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Double Bubble Insurance

john441

Reaction score
Hello Folks. I have heard about RCZ owners taking out special insurance for the double bubble rear window on the RCZ due to the hefty cost of replacement if damaged. Has anyone done this and how much has it added to your insurance premium? Thank you in advance. JK

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I have not heard anything about this but I have seen many rear screens up for sale from £80 to £150 so if you was so worried about the screen getting smashed I would buy one and put it in a safe location well wrapped incase any thing happens and have it there to replace at anytime.. Don't know how much it would cost to put on the insurance but if you are going to keep your RCZ for a while the extra cost would more than likely be more than the price for you to buy a second hand one. And at the end of the day if you never use it you can always sell it on to another RCZer...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Kerr

Reaction score
I have never heard about any special clause about the rear windscreen.

Every RCZ has one so it can't be an exceptional item or modification that you have to disclose and pay extra for.

I would expect it to be covered under the glass policy. Unless there is something I'm missing?

I've never broken a rear windscreen in my life. It isn't something that I would worry about.

Pedro

Reaction score
Breakers is the best option if you wanted a spare as they usually take extra care when dealing with front & rear screens they know how expensive they can be to replace

john441

Reaction score
Thanks for the answers. I too have never broken a rear window in 43 years of driving. Glad to hear that this is not an issue I needed to hear about or be concerned about. Cheers