What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

How to remove radiator leaving front bumper all in place

RCZKam

Reaction score
Did this earlier on mine (156thp) as I needed to remove and reverse flush my radiator, I couldn’t find a guide on here (or I wasn’t looking properly) so apologies if there is one but everyone seemed to mention you have to take all the front end off. I was hoping this wouldn’t be the case :oops:

My thermostat is currently being changed so all coolant was already drained. All you will need is a 10mm socket and torx T20, T30 and T40) it doesn’t matter if the T20 and T40 is a socket or bit but the T30 needs to be a bit due to access. A screwdriver (just need the handle), pliers (locking pliers would be better) and a magnetic stick incase you drop the Torx and to hold the torx in place. T40 not in picture

IMG_0801.jpeg

Take off the three bolts on each end of the slam panel (10mm, T20 and T40)

IMG_0792.jpeg

After removing both the upper and lower hose and the overflow pipe all that’s holding the radiator in is two T30 bolts which are facing the front and are located here, to get access you need to pull up and jam something in. I used the large handle of a screwdriver, it will prise up a fair amount but obviously don’t go too ham fisted with it

IMG_0794.jpeg

IMG_0793.jpeg

IMG_0796.jpeg

IMG_0795.jpeg

Place your T30 bit in place like above then use some pliers or grip/clamp pliers to turn, they are never in tight so should turn easy, hold your magnetic stick on the end of the bit to stop it falling off

Once both Torx screws are out pull out the rubber mounts on the other side

IMG_0802.jpeg

Then pull radiator up, you may need to push each side in each time as you lift and out she comes

IMG_0799.jpeg

Flushed and reversed flushed and job done

IMG_0798.jpeg

Took 15 minutes as my coolant was already drained :)

Pedro

Reaction score
I use a Hosepipe stuck in the hoses & radiator inlets but the real trick is change the coolant say every 2 years