What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Newbie looking for an R

Claret63

Reaction score
I can't believe a dealer has put up a car so badly prepared. The car looks a mess. The paint looks flat, the roof rails are the worst I've seen, and the tyres and wheels look a mess.

You can't accuse the dealer of trying to polish a turd. :)

I don't understand why they haven't cleaned the car up and gave it a good polish before putting it up for sale. It looks so tired.

The surprising thing is the dealer appears to know what they are selling. They know some of the key details about the R.

We all think that R is an enthusiasts car, but the vast majority of Rs that turn up for sale are not in good condition. Owners are not taking care of them.

The first cars that sell are the cheapest ones.

Totally agree with your point Kerr about the enthusiast bit, maybe the majority are buying, thrashing them for a while then simply selling them on when MOT time is coming, that car would have defiantly been a peanut trade in, maybe that's why the dealer hasn't bothered with the presentation.

Kerr

Reaction score
Normally as summer approaches more sporty cars come up for sale. It looks like the cheap Rs have stopped anyone selling their car.

The prices have been lowered and Autotrader's price guide is lowering as well.

Claret63

Reaction score
If you have have a good R why should you take any notice of AT? or any other platform to be honest Kerr.

A good R now is becoming very hard to find, a bad R will always be a bad liability and a money pit.

At present the grey R on AT is a good buy, it’s a honest car, I hope the seller holds out.

Last edited:

Kerr

Reaction score
If you have have a good R why should you take any notice of AT? or any other platform to be honest Kerr.

A good R now is becoming very hard to find, a bad R will always be a bad liability and a money pit.

At present the grey R on AT is a good buy, it’s a honest car, I hope the seller holds out.

We've always looked and talked about the market. We can't ignore it when it's not going our way.

I don't think the grey car is that great. It's not, and never has been, a £14,000 car. The warranty is a great selling tool, but the car has been on sale since March and the warranty is getting shorter.

AutoTrader now say it is a £8560 car and that is more £2160 than part exchange or quick sale websites.

Claret63

Reaction score
We've always looked and talked about the market. We can't ignore it when it's not going our way.

I don't think the grey car is that great. It's not, and never has been, a £14,000 car. The warranty is a great selling tool, but the car has been on sale since March and the warranty is getting shorter.

AutoTrader now say it is a £8560 car and that is more £2160 than part exchange or quick sale websites.

So should we be thinking when an R that is currently under warranty will be worth a lot less when the warranty is over?

As I have said previously I do respect your opinion, but if we are to run with the market our R/s are as you quote AT are they worth next to nothing?

As a comparison Audi TTs are being advertised well above market value and selling, does this mean then nobody wants an RCZ anymore or is it simply the badge?

Kerr

Reaction score
So should we be thinking when an R that is currently under warranty will be worth a lot less when the warranty is over?

As I have said previously I do respect your opinion, but if we are to run with the market our R/s are as you quote AT are they worth next to nothing?

As a comparison Audi TTs are being advertised well above market value and selling, does this mean then nobody wants an RCZ anymore or is it simply the badge?

I wouldn't say a lot less, but the warranty is desirable and does add value.

I don't pay any attention to the Audi TT market. Other cars I'm looking at are all coming down in value and not selling very well.

Covid did send car prices out of control, but they are now correcting. The problem is a lot of people have bought their cars at high market highs and are in a difficult position.