What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Serious loss of power

A

Anonymous

my dealer says that the hdi engine has been well tryed out on other models and no major probs

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the input, and really interested to see Stevecuz's comments. Mine now booked in (after I rang them to see why they handnt contacted me like they said they would) after Christmas. Will let you all know if they get it sorted. Andy

t110jim

Reaction score
Diesel engine should be fine petrol engine is joint with bmw also problems with minis I believe

A

Anonymous

I an having same problem on 200bhp model, kangarooing down the road. Twice after popping into a shop I have come out to it not starting, takes 20 attempts and flooring it before it rights itself. Took it o one dealer tried to blame low fuel and nothing they can do. I will try dealer I got it from tomorrow, any advice on how to deal with them? Or any further info on the recall?
Thanks in advance

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
This is all a bit worrying, petrol 156GT on order... :?
Freddie has now clocked 4070 trouble-free miles in five months so it's hopefully a random problem rather than across the board.

A

Anonymous

I collected my brand new black beauty (156 bhp version) yesterday and am currently very pleased with everything about the RCZ. The reason for this post though is that we part exchanged my wife's 3 yr old BMW 116 M Sport, with which we had the same or similar problem. After about 20k miles it lost power and made like a kangaroo! I'm not sure that this is the same engine though? Anyway BMW did a diagnostic, found the problem and repaired it while I waited. I didn't ask too many questions but don't think it was the fuel pump - it definitely needed a new part though.

On another subject, any advice about how to treat her for the first few miles? My dealer told me to 'not be afraid of giving it some revs' :thumbup:

Must go - I've got an RCZ to play with before I go to work! :D

A

Anonymous

I had a sudden loss of power on my 156GT and the engine light appeared. Garage detected a valve in the turbo had caused it. Fixed now and no further problems.