What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Fault Codes

A

Anonymous

Morning Guys

Anybody help on the fault code P0016-crankshaft position camshaft position correlation,
this code keeps popping up and then clearing then popping back up,
is it to do with the timing, the car is sluggish and always thought it might be the timing
not been the same since i had cam chain etc changed, i have also changed the coil packs and cam sensor but still the same,

Thanks in advance
Vince

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Almost certainly timing. I'm sure someone else will be along shortly that has had that fault code & can confirm that. :eusa-think:

tianorth

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of where the sensors are, maybe try changing the sensor?

These are for the 156 bhp manual but I don't think these will be different to the automatic version, but if yours is automatic I can put those pictures up as well.

A

Anonymous

Thanks tianorth that is a handy diagram, i have already changed the cam sensor

What are the fuel trims and where are they drdino?

Thanks Guys

Vince

drdino

Reaction score
Sorry, thought you meant you were reading and clearing the codes yourself, so assumed you had some diagnostic equipment.

It's basically the amount the engine's ECU alters fueling to account for variations. If the values are high, one of the reasons can be slipped timing.

A

Anonymous

also getting exactly the same code as the op, did you have any progress with this?

A

Anonymous

Hi Monkfish

No still not sorted it yet, had a garage look at it and he recons it is the the timing, i changed the mass air flow sensor but still runs the same, the garage could not fix the timing as he has not got the correct tools.
still looking around but will not take it to Peugeot with there extortionate labour charges.
will keep you updated if i get it sorted.
cheers
Vince

A

Anonymous

hi vince, thanks for the reply

what made you have the chain replaced originally? Was this done by peugeot? Do you think they screwed the timing up? I just got my car, so think am gonna try an oil change and then perhaps clean/replace the timing control solenoid valve.

A

Anonymous

Hi Monkfish

I had the dreaded chain rattle, Peugeot replaced timing chain, guides, sprockets etc.
as it was only 2 weeks out of warranty they paid for the parts £168 but i was lumbered with £585 labour charge and my extended warranty would not cover it ass they classed it as a manufacture defect :evil:
Dont know what it is but it has never run right since, but lately it has got worse(my fault for no taking it back sooner)
where is the timing control solenoid valve might have a look at that be fore i spend any more cash,

Cheers
Vince

A

Anonymous

That is shocking that you had to pay for that imo. See the attached pic for the position of the solenoid. I'm going into the stealer next week for the ecu software upgrade recall, i'll make it clear then that if it does turn out to be a problem with the chain then i wont be paying a penny and see what they have to say. mine is a 2011 no extended warranty and 53k

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 21.13.40.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 21.13.40.png
    200.9 KB · Views: 8,892
A

Anonymous

Thanks for that Monkfish,
Mines a 2012 with 61000 miles, is the solenoid easy enough to get to and clean,
hope you have better luck than me with your chain issue

Cheers
Vince