What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Help with brake warning

simonf7

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Yesterday while I was driving and a STOP - BRAKE SYSTEM FAULTY came up on my dash. At first it was intermittent, then after 30 mins it was constant. After having a look around I discovered that brake fluid was leaking quite a lot out of the rear left bleed nipple.

I had the brake fluid changed back in November last year, which makes me think it was not done properly.

After tightening it no longer leaks, however when I filled up the brake fluid reservoir, it still comes up with the error message.

This makes me think that there is now air in the system. Any suggestions on bleeding?

Or does it take a while for error messages to clear?

Thanks.

chrismac

Reaction score
Take it to the garage that changed the fluid and tell them what happened. Then get them to bleed the system.

There will be air in the system now, the pedal will feel "spongy" and so will not be working correctly. Important that this is fixed asap.

simonf7

Reaction score
Take it to the garage that changed the fluid and tell them what happened. Then get them to bleed the system.

There will be air in the system now, the pedal will feel "spongy" and so will not be working correctly. Important that this is fixed asap.
Okay, thanks for the suggestion Chris.

The breaks did feel a little more spongey than usual, so everything is leading to air trapped in the system.

I have booked them again to bleed it tomorrow, fingers crossed that fixes it!