What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hose / pipe disconnected. What is it?

Gina0151

Reaction score
Hi all I noticed inside my engine bay by the battery and air intake that a pipe/hose isn’t connected to anything and is just hanging in mid air. See photos. Can someone identify it for me and confirm whether it’s supposed to be connected to the bit next to it! It was serviced recently and I’ve only just looked inside the engine bay to clean around and noticed this. Please be gentle with me I’m a girl trying my best to care for my beloved RCZ GT 1.6 THP 156 petrol engine (manual transmission not auto). I feel like every garage breaks something, leaves bits off or disconnected and I dunno what the impact this will be having on the car. Please can someone identify this and tell me what damage this could cause if it’s not connected
IMG_1014.pngIMG_1008.jpegIMG_1006.jpegIMG_1010.jpeg

chrismac

Reaction score
The pipe clips on to the fitting to the left of your fingernail (duck egg blue if I'm not mistaken)

The ring you are touching in the bottom picture is a securing clip, should just click on.

Gina0151

Reaction score
The pipe clips on to the fitting to the left of your fingernail (duck egg blue if I'm not mistaken)

The ring you are touching in the bottom picture is a securing clip, should just click on.
I tried pushing them togetbut it doesn’t click on. There’s nothing on the other end to clip onto or hold it in place. It’s like there a bit missing on the end to enable both tubes to cluck into eachother. What’s the tube for and what’s it called? (So I can check up to see if there’s a push fit or joining section missing)
I did assume it’d just push together but the tube isn’t quite long enough to meet it’s receptor even with a bit of a tug I feel it’s 10mm or 20mm short, so I figure there’s a connection piece missing?
Yep duck egg blue nail polish, chipped and nails all broken off working on my car. I replaced cabin pollen air filter (filthy full of leaves) replaced a missing cover on air intake/air filter housing and cleaned around engine bay then noticed this tube was just suspended in mid air a bit like I feel now.
Frustrating that the owners manual and warranty service book doesn’t give detailed diagrams of engine bay or components and pipe names. Rubbish

chrismac

Reaction score
I will try and do a few close-up pictures, try and compare. It may be that a part has broken off. Not sure exactly what the thing does - Its part of the air intake system - may be a return air pipe, but its there for a reason so should be fixed.

chrismac

Reaction score
Just had another look. Its exactly the same as yours so nothing broken.

Its not the most positive of connections, but I cant explain why yours don't meet each other.
1720367347552.jpeg

1720367359753.jpeg

2retro

Reaction score
Must happen a lot as mine was exactly the same a while ago. Just clips back together...

Gina0151

Reaction score
Hahaha 🤣 thanks for the responses I fixed it! Thanks to your reassurance I summined the courage to give it a good old tug and shoved the two ends together with all my strength (all 5ft 1 inches of me) and it clicked in eventually! I just didn’t wanna pull too hard incase I pulled it out. Phew. Another job done.
So then I moved on to my elec folding wing mirror that stopped working in winter. Watched the step by step video posted in another thread to dismantle the mirror intending to lube up the motor bit inside. But when I got it all off, saw the white wire was not connected but yellow one was. So soldered it on gave it a blast of wd40 then some silicone spray lubricant and hey presto bingo bobs it’s working again better than ever with no creaking grinding noise. Very proud of myself. Victory dance in the street and a choc ice reward for me. Garage said it’d cost £100 to fix. Cost me nothing but half hour of patience 👍😎

Gina0151

Reaction score
It just so happens that my Bathroom ceiling is Duck Egg blue.

My nails are Cherry Red ;)
Oooh nice. Good to know 🤔 My bedroom chimney breast wall is Italian wallpaper in duck egg blue. My nails are usually blood red or jet black depending whether I’ve been messing under the car or gardening haha 😂🥹