What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New with the RCZ Please help!

Javi

Reaction score
Hello there,

A little bit of my story with the RCZ:

I bought an RCZ 1.6 156BHP 2011 and quickly fell in love with the car. I called it Gandalf because it was grey and old. After driving it for almost 2,000 km, I decided I had to get my hands on an RCZ R. You know how this works. I found a beauty sitting in a small town in the UK and decided it was mine! I call this one the Black Pearl—you guessed it, it's black. I've been experiencing nonstop happiness for two months.

However, some features that made me fall in love with the RCZ aren't available in the RCZ R version, so I'm hoping to get some help from the community.

Here are a few questions for you all:

1. Has anyone tried fitting electric seats from an RCZ to an RCZ R? Do you think it would be possible to maintain the original R seats (which are gorgeous, in my opinion)? I miss the memory seats and heating system, as I think they add a lot of style.

2. Does anyone know if the mirror dipping feature when reversing is exclusive to certain RCZ models? I can't find any information on this, and I miss my mirrors dipping when reversing. I've scratched my wheels twice already, so this feature means a lot to me. Maybe there's a way to fit or convert it? Here's a video I found on YouTube about the feature: 99% of people don't know! Side mirror hidden tricks!#car #driving #shorts #tutorial #tips

3. I've been searching for an Android unit that would fit my car and have contacted manufacturers directly with no luck. While there are many posts on this topic, could someone recommend the ultimate guide to getting a unit working on my car? Currently, I'm using Maps on my phone and listening to music via Bluetooth, but there's a 2-3 second delay between what's happening on my phone and what I hear in the car. My idea is to fit the RT6 inside the glove box if I can't remove it.

4. I'm considering a project to relocate the 12v port on the central console to somewhere near the steering wheel and install a remote start with a start button instead. This would make the key useless except in emergencies, just like modern cars. There are a couple of kits on Amazon, and I think it would greatly enhance the car's style if I could fit one. Thoughts? Here's an example: https://tinyurl.com/425azumh

Thanks for reading me!
Here are a couple of pictures!

Attachments

• RCZ front.jpg
    RCZ front.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 8
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-06-14 at 15.18.40_2693c05e.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-06-14 at 15.18.40_2693c05e.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 8
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-06-12 at 18.15.39_d0bcb415.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-06-12 at 18.15.39_d0bcb415.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 8

Claret63

Reaction score
The R didn't come with electric seats due to weight saving advantages, I am sure a conversion could be done, but the electrics would be a nightmare in my opinion, doubt anyone has done.

Nice idea with the start button , always wondered why Peugeot didn't do that on the factory spec, I personally wouldn't do as it would de value the car.

Upgrade on the stereo great idea, as long as you can return to factory.

Sorry couldn't be much further help.

Funkmachine

Reaction score
Looks great - on the dipping mirrors there’s a section in the handbook on how to make them work. You can choose which mirror dips.

2retro

Reaction score
Looks great - on the dipping mirrors there’s a section in the handbook on how to make them work. You can choose which mirror dips.
Only if it's a feature on that model. Not all RCZ's have them.

MHM

Reaction score
Great post mate and once again highlights small electrical things that Peugeot should have done but didn't. The RCZ is an oddly backward-looking car for its time and anything electric certainly looks extremely dated now. The orange LCD panels for example? Pure 1980s.

Anyway my two cents pretty much align with those above:

1. Mechanically the seats should fit. Electrically they would have to be a bodge job.

2. Mirror dipping sadly lacking in most versions firmware and can't be altered.

3. Some folks have done it but it's always going to be a bodge job.

4. Under no circumstances. Just why?

Javi

Reaction score
Great post mate and once again highlights small electrical things that Peugeot should have done but didn't. The RCZ is an oddly backward-looking car for its time and anything electric certainly looks extremely dated now. The orange LCD panels for example? Pure 1980s.

Anyway my two cents pretty much align with those above:

1. Mechanically the seats should fit. Electrically they would have to be a bodge job.

2. Mirror dipping sadly lacking in most versions firmware and can't be altered.

3. Some folks have done it but it's always going to be a bodge job.

4. Under no circumstances. Just why?
I'm lost for hope.

Full disclosure I want to modify the car to leave it as close as possible to the concept presented in 2014. (with the exception of the exhaust which would be too much of a mod for my taste)

-The start button. I think it just fits perfectly with the 12v socket and as I'm using a phone to run maps and music. Basically, to charge the phone the cable would go under the steering wheel and over my lap, just horrible, So I was thinking of relocating the 12v anyway. But to leave a hole in the middle of the dash would be even worse...

One thing I do know is I am not going to sell the car... ever, I'm confident it will become a classic.

I do value feedback though. Alternatives welcomed

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
With regards to the mirror dip, you need to have the mirror adjustment button across to the passenger side. When selecting reverse it will dip. If the button is in the middle or towards the drivers mirror it won’t dip. Not sure if this is the same for all models, but def the case for my THP200.