What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Oil gauge fault

danielbraid

Reaction score
Hi guys

I’ve got a 2012 petrol 1.6 manual, it’s coming up with code F40A which is oil gauge fault, I’ve changed the oil pressure sensor, checked the wiring, checked oil levels, and it keeps intermittently coming up with “engine fault” the car drives fine

has anyone had this fault,

thank you

Pedro

Reaction score
You could try a full oil service but the sensor needs 3 hours to reset itself after any oil top ups etc try changing oil taking a short run then leaving it stand for say 1/2 an hour then restart if it still persists let the engine go completely cold as per the 3 hour timeline reset failing this it may be a BSI issue I had same on a Lady's 207 cc ended up taking the BSI out for repairs?
This can also happen when owners put cheap crap oil in their cars plus always check the oil on a cold engine & importantly on level ground!
Good luck let us know how you fix it

mar

Reaction score
Hi I've got the same problem on mine I done the bsi reset and it worked. I don't know if anyone as parking sensors problems and also window switch keeps breaking

Funkmachine

Reaction score
Yeah my sensors have a fault! OBD port read out says “rear right inner” sensor faulty - but how on earth do you get to the rear sensors!!?? Please don’t say remove bumper as I’ve seen the YouTube video on that and it’s major !!