What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Random Cut Outs at junctions/low revs

ChimpyPomPom

Reaction score
Help! My beloved RCZ diesel has randomly started cutting out at junctions/low speeds. Its had a new alternator, and started doing this, as well as randomly struggling to maintain power for a millisecond, then recovering. Went in to the garage, was told a faulty fuel sensor, so was replaced and fuel filter changed and a system clean. No engine warning light has ever shown. And even more randomly, when it cuts out, nothing goes off on the dash, all lights/radio etc all still on. In fact, I don't even know its cut out. Never happens when going at speed, always when I'm slowing right down for a junction or traffic. Always restarts and pulls off without issue. Has run fine for last 3 weeks since sensor replaced, phoned garage this morning, and been told its because I've filled up at a supermarket with sub quality fuel.... Which I've always done, with no issues. Any ideas? Anyone?

chrismac

Reaction score
I hope you don't use the garage that said "sub-quality fuel" was the cause of your problems. They should not be in the Motoring business.

diogosaka

Reaction score
Had similar issues, Dealer wanted to push for a new ECU. As it was covered by a private warranty it was changed but the problem persisted.
It ended up being a botch job done on the cabling, hard as hell to find as you can imagine... No problem ever since