What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Stalling at low revs constantly

ZaxterB

Reaction score
Yesterday my car started doing this. When I turn the car on it'll start the engine but stall after one or two seconds unless I start it and put my foot on the gas. It's also stalling when idling out of gear unless I give it gas.

My first thought is perhaps the fuel injectors need cleaning but I thought I'd ask you guys, anyone seen this before or have any alternative diagnosis?

djandree

Reaction score
Hello best option is to check if any fault codes appear in ecu. In my case it was a dirty fuel filter.

ropie

Reaction score
Mine started doing this after a recent service - it turned out the fuel filter housing had a crack in it, and the service had disturbed it so it started leaking. They replaced it for free and now everything is fine. (Diesel too)

ZaxterB

Reaction score
Mine had been serviced recently and I have been driving over a particularly pothole-laden road recently so I suspect it's something in the fuel system has been dislodged somehow. I'll find out by the end of the day.

ZaxterB

Reaction score
Well the stalling has stopped with no apparent rhyme or reason.

I got the garage to plug in an OBD but there were only two error codes;
Wing mirror short circuit (probably unrelated)
And a code relating to changing the oil(?) I forgot to ask the exact code number

Which is slightly worrying cos it was changed when I got it serviced only a month or so ago.