What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

19s ?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
OMG did you really put this shitty tyres on Z, what is the point to save few quid and have bad tyres on car...
If you wanna save few quid on tyres buy Maxxis VS5 or Sava UHP2
Maxxis have stiffer sidewalls and feels more sporty tyre, both have very good dry grip, and are good on wet, Sava will last long time as is known for Goodyear tyres
For best dry and wet grip buy latest Pirelli P Zero, but will not last as Goodyear or Michelin, for someone with low mileage is a best choice
As for wheels I have weighted original 18" wheels and are very light at 11.5 kg and strong, what you cant say about aftermark wheels, for me 18 " are best design after R wheels, light wheels are way to go if you wanna great feel when driving, 18-19" wheels will make no difference for road holding, but tyres will make a big difference
Cheers
Have you tried the new PH1 Acceleras?

Goodbye

Reaction score
Have you tried the new PH1 Acceleras?
  • Positive - Low rolling resistance. Low noise.
  • Negative - Very poor wet grip, extremely long wet braking distances, poor dry grip.
  • Overall - The Accelera PHI was extremely low grip in all scenarios. Do not fit this tyre.
    Not Recommended

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
  • Positive - Low rolling resistance. Low noise.
  • Negative - Very poor wet grip, extremely long wet braking distances, poor dry grip.
  • Overall - The Accelera PHI was extremely low grip in all scenarios. Do not fit this tyre.
    Not Recommended
Different tyre tests get different results for different tyres, if your happy with what your using happy days if others are happy with what they’re using don’t slag em off! If you’ve had experience with the said tyre and you weren’t happy with them then you have a right to air your views but don’t just quote magazine tyre reviews who are more than likely paid by the multinationals for being favourable to their product.
If the Acceleras were not safe to use and they are a Y rated tyre up to and in excess of 186 mph which the RCZ isn’t anywhere near to achieving those kind of speeds, they wouldn’t be allowed to sell them I know quite a few owners who run them and have been more than happy with their performance in all conditions.

Goodbye

Reaction score
Read user reviews, and there are a lot of test of this tyre, and on all test they are bad, shure tyre is made for high speed, but this doesnt mean that it will grip well in dry and wet, just whitstanf speed, they are good for normal riding, but thats all, how do you say in UK buy cheap, buy twice...
Cheers

turboguy

Reaction score
like the tyre picture DKZ , wish they were that wide on the RCZ -looks awesome ;)

Kenneth

Reaction score
Different tyre tests get different results for different tyres, if your happy with what your using happy days if others are happy with what they’re using don’t slag em off! If you’ve had experience with the said tyre and you weren’t happy with them then you have a right to air your views but don’t just quote magazine tyre reviews who are more than likely paid by the multinationals for being favourable to their product.
If the Acceleras were not safe to use and they are a Y rated tyre up to and in excess of 186 mph which the RCZ isn’t anywhere near to achieving those kind of speeds, they wouldn’t be allowed to sell them I know quite a few owners who run them and have been more than happy with their performance in all conditions.
My Z had Accelera on them when I got it. As they were brand new I wasn’t going to change them. They are very good in the dry but I do feel they are quite skittish in wet. I definitely drive to the conditions more with these. When they wear down I’m not sure yet whether to stick with them or buy more expensive. Cost isn’t really an issue. I’ll see how many miles I get out of these first I reckon. Dry grip is absolutely great on them. And I drive hard on a great drivers road. I’m definitely careful in the wet. It might be the tyre but it might just be the fact it’s wide tyres on Zs. I haven’t driven it on any other rubber yet. I’m not a racing driver(wouldn’t even say I was above average) but the daily commute is on a road that really tests out the car. I look forward to it every day TBH 😁

I know there are tyre snobs around. I’d never heard of the brand and just assumed they were cheaper ly shod by the place I got it to get it moved on to a mug like me. But after having a quick google they do seem to be good enough for a non big name tyre. And most folk aren’t driving on the limits of grip no matter how much they try to convince themselves.
They’d be rubbish for track days of course.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I have had the same tyres on my Hdi and work well for me and the car did come with them on so when refurbished wheels put full set on are fine by me but tyres and branding get flack no matter what they are or what you put on

Kenneth

Reaction score
I have had the same tyres on my Hdi and work well for me and the car did come with them on so when refurbished wheels put full set on are fine by me but tyres and branding get flack no matter what they are or what you put on
The way some folk go on as if they are the main man in a race team. It’s probably quite hard to buy really duff tyres for 19” rims anyway. As long as there’s tread on them and they aren’t wearing out all wonky most folk will cut about oblivious.

Kerr

Reaction score
The way some folk go on as if they are the main man in a race team. It’s probably quite hard to buy really duff tyres for 19” rims anyway. As long as there’s tread on them and they aren’t wearing out all wonky most folk will cut about oblivious.

I'm shocked at some of the opinions and defensiveness about poor quality tyres.

You don't need to be a race car driver to understand or feel why quality tyres are important. They make a massive difference to how a car feels and drives.

Braking distances, especially in the wet, are horrendous with poor quality tyres compared to quality tyres.

Good tyres are worth every penny.

Kenneth

Reaction score

You don't need to be a race car driver to understand or feel why quality tyres are important. They make a massive difference to how a car feels and drives.

Braking distances, especially in the wet, are horrendous with poor quality tyres compared to quality tyres.

I normally do put decent tyres on my cars. Mostly because they do last longer.

the ones currently on my Z are pretty good as far as dry grip goes. Not so good in the wet. When they wear I’ll replace with Michelin or Continental and see what difference I can tell

Pedro

Reaction score
I have Nexen tyres on the front of my 200 & they have been a good tyre for what I want but according to some Clarkson's out there they are crap in the wet so my answer to them is if you drive a Z or any sports rated car like a P***K you don't deserve to own one !

Kerr

Reaction score
I have Nexen tyres on the front of my 200 & they have been a good tyre for what I want but according to some Clarkson's out there they are crap in the wet so my answer to them is if you drive a Z or any sports rated car like a P***K you don't deserve to own one !

Why does every tyre thread on here end up with insults? Why is it taken so personally?

Quality tyres make a huge difference to a car. There is a reason no manufacturer of sports cars, or most other cars, fit budget tyres to their cars when new.

It's not about driving like an idiot. The braking distance differences at normal driving speeds are massive between premium and budget tyres especially in the wet.

If you want to improve the handling, performance and safety of your car, tyres are the easiest improvement. That doesn't make you a tyre snob or unworthy of owning a sports car.

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Have Continental ContactSport7s on mine. They’re fantastic.

Kenneth

Reaction score
I’m waiting by let thee tree get too worn on mine before I change them so I’ll be able to compare. But TBH although these are budget jobs with about 6k on them they are feeling decent. I definitely do watch what I’m doing when it’s wet all the same. I’ve had the car kick out a few times and planed as there are a lot of little streams form on the road in heavy rain. Folks are all pretty used to driving to the conditions down my way. It’s either that or the farmer is skinning £100 off you to pull you out his field with his tractor and charging you for a bust fence. 😁

2retro

Reaction score
That seems to be the one. What tyres came on the car from new?
Conti Sports were the original brand. Good tyres but I put Goodyear Eagle F1's on mine when they needed changing and they're better!

Pedro

Reaction score

How many Clarkson type P****S have you met on the road I was hit by a Audi some years back on a flooded road & his car was only 6 months old but he can't be a tyre snob can he ??

Kerr

Reaction score
How many Clarkson type P****S have you met on the road I was hit by a Audi some years back on a flooded road & his car was only 6 months old but he can't be a tyre snob can he ??

I'm struggling with your association between people that buy quality tyres and bad driving.

It's an odd fight to fight that is getting increasingly desperate.

Pedro

Reaction score
You kicked off about quality tires not me I mentioned what are on mine at the moment so Kerr to bring this post to a conclusion sometimes you do have good input on here but let yourself down when you go into wind up mode I honestly don't give a toss what others are buying with regards to tyres I use what I consider adequate for my needs for which the safest way I drive are perfect !