What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Additiinal RCZ key fob

Ian Edwards

Reaction score
Hi All,

Have recently bought an RCZ for my wife. The dealer supplied an original remote Peugeot key fob and a cloned key. The cloned key is just a key and opens the car and operates the ignition, but on opening the car with this key this morning, the alarm went off. The only way of stopping, it was to use the original Peugeot fob to lock and unlock the car. I would rather not go to a main dealer and pay Peugeot prices. What I am hoping, is that an Independent locksmith in the Daventry area can supply a correctly programmed key fob. Does anyone have any recommendations please? Thanks.

Pedro

Reaction score
The key is not programmed to the car correctly if the Immobiliser/Alarm is being triggered there are vids on YouTube to show how the reprogramming is done in the cars ignition switch

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes if the key is not coded to the car it will set off the alarm, also if the battery is dead in the original key fob and you use the blade to open the car, this happened to me lately and just a note for all owners it’s worth purchasing a spare fob battery because they’re not a common size other than the internet I could only find one at Halfords the size is 1620 and if it suddenly fails you’ll be stuck.

cambo

Reaction score
It's a bit cheeky of the dealers giving you an unpaired key (i'm assuming it hasn't got a transponder inside) as it's basically pointless. You won't be able to pair a simple key to the car as it hasn't got any electronics to communicate with the immobiliser module.

Peugeot will sell you a new keyfob for ~£150 i think, but it was some time ago when i asked for a price. I suggest you go back to the dealers to give you a proper keyfob for the car if they sold you a car with "two keys"