What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Baby seat for RCZ

A

Anonymous

Hi all, have found a 5 point harness baby seat that fits in the back seat and fastens in with the seat belt.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344454015.390495.jpg (81.01 KiB) Viewed 140 times

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344454059.478412.jpg (102.42 KiB) Viewed 140 times

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344454097.582946.jpg (62.55 KiB) Viewed 140 times
http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... 01#reviews

A

Anonymous

That last photo is priceless.

9 months - 11 years though? I'd have been embarrassed at 11 to be sat in a car seat still.

A

Anonymous

I got the same seat as recommended by Scott - it's brilliant and well worth the money

Attachments

• Tia 26.08.12.JPG
    Tia 26.08.12.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 2,780
A

Anonymous

Mand24 said:
philbuk said:
After a few weeks of research and a few trips to Motherare and Halfords I have the definitive answer on the baby seat issue.

It is NOT possible to fit an infant child carrier (Stage 0 / 0-9 months / reverse facing) on the back back seat. The main reasons are the back seats are to shallow and the front seat does not go forward enough to give enough room to put the seat back. For the infant child seat you need to place it reverse facing on the front passenger seat which fits fine but you need to deactivate the airbag.

Once baby is 9 months then it can go into a forward facing child seat (Stage 1,2,3 / 9mth-4yr / front facing) and this does fit on the back seats.

Alternatively you could buy a boring yet sensible family car :lol:

Sorry, if I'd have read on I'd have seen your other post. I thought that might be the answer. At least we know now. Love my RCZ - when we bought it didn't know I was going to get pregnant! We'll work around it.

Hi Mand24,

Our baby is nearly 5 months now and it hasn't been too bad. I wouldn't suggest taking baby shopping to Tesco etc as with the pram in the boot its a bit of a struggle getting everything in but days out and popping to friends and family haven't been an issue.

She is still in the infant carrier on the front seat (with airbag off) but I need to start thinking about the car seat for the back. I plan to purchase the Brtitax one which is recommend by Peugeot and other members say it fits fine but will changing my beloved RCZ for an Smax lol in Jan 2014.

A

Anonymous

Hi the I-Safe Isofix 1-2-3 fits the rcz well n is one of the recommended car seats for this car hope this helps I have the car seat and I’d strongly recommended it to any RCZ owner and parent or carer
Hope this helps

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Dandansmrs said:
Hi the I-Safe Isofix 1-2-3 fits the rcz well n is one of the recommended car seats for this car hope this helps I have the car seat and I’d strongly recommended it to any RCZ owner and parent or carer
Hope this helps
Do you drive a DeLorean? :eek:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I thought that the RCZ came with two baby seats fitted as standard :eusa-think: they are the ones just behind the drivers & passengers seats :eusa-whistle:

dexmorgan

Reaction score
After a few weeks of research and a few trips to Motherare and Halfords I have the definitive answer on the baby seat issue.

It is NOT possible to fit an infant child carrier (Stage 0 / 0-9 months / reverse facing) on the back back seat. The main reasons are the back seats are to shallow and the front seat does not go forward enough to give enough room to put the seat back. For the infant child seat you need to place it reverse facing on the front passenger seat which fits fine but you need to deactivate the airbag.

Once baby is 9 months then it can go into a forward facing child seat (Stage 1,2,3 / 9mth-4yr / front facing) and this does fit on the back seats.

Hello. Yes, it is possible, I have been using it since my baby was born and now that he can use it facing forward, we are going to change the position with another car seat. The first one, which is the baby seat, is rear-facing and we used it throughout the period he was little. I can show it if anyone wants to see it.

dexmorgan

Reaction score

Hello. Yes, it is possible, I have been using it since my baby was born and now that he can use it facing forward, we are going to change the position with another car seat. The first one, which is the baby seat, is rear-facing and we used it throughout the period he was little. I can show it if anyone wants to see it.

Helpneededplease

Reaction score
OMG yes please could you share the name and type of car seat that you used in your RCZ with a newborn…

Helpneededplease

Reaction score
Also

Helpneededplease

Reaction score
Hi can you clarify a couple of things-did you use a seat with your newborn in the RCZ? Did you put the seat in the front or back? What is the make and model of the car seat?

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
We have a forward facing car seat which we use all the time, but I’m not sure there would be space for a rear facing with a passenger also.