What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Newbie looking for an R

Kerr

Reaction score
There is a 2015 car with 17,500 miles on AutoTrader now. Photos not ready.

The dealer's advert says they got it from a main dealer who took the car in part exchange. Looking at some of their other adverts, with the same description of where the car was sourced, the photos are from British Car Auctions.

The cars might have technically come from a main dealer, but they've been passed off through auction and not directly from the main dealer.

Charlie1875

Reaction score
Yes mate totally agree, probably from British car auctions, it amazes me that some of these dealers can’t be bothered to take there own photos of their stock.

I was on bca last night watching an R go through the auctions, expect a Mercury Grey one with 60k coming up for sale soon!

i was going to bid on it but it went for too much.

Kerr

Reaction score
Yes mate totally agree, probably from British car auctions, it amazes me that some of these dealers can’t be bothered to take there own photos of their stock.

I was on bca last night watching an R go through the auctions, expect a Mercury Grey one with 60k coming up for sale soon!

i was going to bid on it but it went for too much.

The vast majority of viewers probably don't realise the photos are from the auction house. Some directly use the auction house pictures, some just take the images and use a different fake background.

I had an account with BCA just to see cars coming up. They've now made it trade only accounts to view.

How much did it go for at the auction? There was a private sale grey car with 60k up for sale for months. It isn't that one?

Claret63

Reaction score
There is a 2015 car with 17,500 miles on AutoTrader now. Photos not ready.

The dealer's advert says they got it from a main dealer who took the car in part exchange. Looking at some of their other adverts, with the same description of where the car was sourced, the photos are from British Car Auctions.

The cars might have technically come from a main dealer, but they've been passed off through auction and not directly from the main dealer.
It doesn’t sound like its mint, be interesting to see the pictures, it also states it’s only got one key, strange….

Mine will be on AT soon, so we will see how we go, I still maintain a good genuine honest R is hard to find, hence prices can differ massively.

Charlie1875

Reaction score
The vast majority of viewers probably don't realise the photos are from the auction house. Some directly use the auction house pictures, some just take the images and use a different fake background.

I had an account with BCA just to see cars coming up. They've now made it trade only accounts to view.

How much did it go for at the auction? There was a private sale grey car with 60k up for sale for months. It isn't that one?
I may have been that one, 64 plate in grey just gone past 60,000 miles, guide price was £5750, hammer price was £8000 +fees which I thought was strong money

Kerr

Reaction score
It looks like the 15 plate car did come through the auctions.

The service light and warning is on.

The last MOT looks a little concerning. Failure for both front springs broken and both MacPherson strut mountings damaged and seriously weakened. Top mount bearings damaged too. Sounds like someone has gone Dukes of Hazard. 😀

The owner has traded it in weeks after getting those repairs done.

The front and rear discs are also an advisory for wear. 17,500 miles is early for discs.

Alpha cars are selling the car that was advertised privately for a while.

Last edited:

Claret63

Reaction score
Yeah the 17000 miler was what I expected just not loved or cared for, the one at Alpha yes I remember that, I got in trouble for mentioning the wheels and wrapped arches.

The MOT history on the low miles one makes for a horrible read.

Last edited:

Brumboy999

Reaction score
Hi all,

Since being ULEZ'd I've been looking for a 200 but realised the R is within reach if I can get one at 10-12K, and have yet to find any reason not to buy one instead!
I came on the forum hoping to find the definitive buyer's guide, and expected to find a lot more problems with the R than I have on here, it having such high performance from a 1600 engine.
Any pointers will be welcome, especially if it leads me to a good R, preferably black!

Cheers

Al.
I read there's only about 300 type Rs in the UK, so not cheap mate.

Charlie1875

Reaction score
Yeah the 17000 miler was what I expected just not loved or cared for, the one at Alpha yes I remember that, I got in trouble for mentioning the wheels and wrapped arches.

The MOT history on the low miles one makes for a horrible read.
Agreed mate, mot history isn’t great for a low mileage example, surely the selling dealer would have sorted the brakes and a tyre out to give it a clean mot, coil springs can break easily but top mounts damaged with that mileage on sets alarm bells ringing, another track day car perhaps?

ill Probably get slated for these comments but gloss black wheels is another negative for me.

Claret63

Reaction score
The standard of some of the Rs for sale at the moment is scary, in reality though these are Peugeot cars, hence not a top marque, so like all cars similar TTs included they are driven and not loved, and sadly when they break the majority do a cheap fix and sell them on.

The R is a highly tuned sports car and commands good maintenance, otherwise like all sports cars it will break, simple good maintenance is key.

Kerr

Reaction score
Agreed mate, mot history isn’t great for a low mileage example, surely the selling dealer would have sorted the brakes and a tyre out to give it a clean mot, coil springs can break easily but top mounts damaged with that mileage on sets alarm bells ringing, another track day car perhaps?

ill Probably get slated for these comments but gloss black wheels is another negative for me.

Read some of the reviews of that dealer. You're lucky if they fix dangerous things.

Coil springs do break, but to have both springs, both top mounts, and both bearings all damaged or broken suggests suggests something bad has happened. That's not normal.

The owner has passed that car on weeks after that MOT. I worry the owner has got rid of it due to the damage.

They haven't posted interior pictures yet. I don't think it looks like a track car.

The wheels don't suit solid silver or black. You can't see the shape of the wheel and it also makes them look smaller.

Last edited:

Claret63

Reaction score
Read some of the reviews of that dealer. You're lucky if they fix dangerous things.

Coil springs do break, but to have both springs, both top mounts, and both bearings all damaged or broken suggests suggests something bad has happened. That's not normal.

The seller has passed that car on weeks after that MOT. I worry the owner has got rid of it due to the damage.

They haven't posted interior pictures yet. I don't think it looks like a track car.

The wheels don't suit solid silver or black. You can't see the shape of the wheel and it also makes them look smaller.
The fact is, that car is a bad example, the mileage is irrelevant in this case, everyone on here can see that.