What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

"ENGINE FAULT REPAIR NEEDED"

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Was it a Peugeot dealership who ran the diagnostics? As there is a dealer update on some early cars which is free of charge if yours is one of the cars possibly affected it relates to the turbo coolant pump needing a software update and possibly replacement. Not sure what codes this would throw up though.
And to be honest your car may be 7 years old but with only 18K miles it’s only just run in!

Plecodoras

Reaction score
VikkiLee23 said:
Plecodoras said:
I think you've had some great advice here VikkiLee23, but it is upto you and I have seen horror stories on here of people being charged £1500 + for fuel pump issues, so in that case I'd lean towards the newer car with Sat-nav.

For me when I go searching for a car and get not quite what I was after, I end up buying another because it always eats me away until I get what I originally wanted. With the cost so close, another £5k on top for a 15 plate - seems good economics - plus the all important Sat-Nav.

Good luck and don't forget to post what you do eventually do, and some pics would be nice.

On a thought here Z'ers......

Now this will hurt some but hopefully most will understand where I am coming from.

This car is going to get chopped in most likely and then sold on to either a trader or unsuspecting public. Wouldn't it be good if the car, by either plate or VIN / model, ( VIN really ) had a computerised file that held all this information about past history and faults, including things like repairs - which could not be erased by a dealer, so that the next person can get the full story and the seller would have to put these problems right before selling.
This will have losers and winners, but the last thing you would want is to buy a " Lemon " because that's what you'd think and really it's a sick RCZ that someone has pushed back into the market ? This would restore confidence and lesson the chance of buying a lemon - gotta be a good thing.

I remember buying a 307cc ( one of many - lol ) which had 87K miles on clock, so I got the timing belt changed at a cost of about £350 - turns out it had already been done - but the garage did it again anyway cos that's what I asked them to do. Now that should have been recorded with the cars history. This would also show a cars reliability and help stay clear of bad ones...

Just a thought for the industry.

Cheers M. :beer:

I get where you're coming from with the register of faults so people don't get rid and leave someone else with the problem and I've had cars that have problem after problem so agree in principle.

My 11 plate performance car has 18,000 miles on the clock as I do very little mileage. For a blonde hottie I drive like an old man :eusa-whistle: and this car has hit 80mph about 5 times in the 4 years I've had it. For all I know it had this problem when I bought it but only went fast enough to trigger it recently? I've treated my Darcy to new tyres that protect alloys and re-diamond cut my alloys. Always looked after and serviced annually. As I was made redundant last year I'm not in a position to throw money at a 7 year old car but I do have a bit of redundancy money to upgrade if this could get me another RCZ with some warranty or if not too expensive I could get Darcy fixed and live with no sat nav or air con.

I looked at another today and for a newer car it hadn't been looked after as well as mine, it didn't feel like an extra £5k car (even with sat nav!) and I wasn't sold on the white version (sorry guys I see a lot of white ones on your profiles!). The garage ran the diagnostic to get me the codes.

Googled codes and looks like what was said above - thermostat and turbo issue which has caused an overheat code (yay I'm a google expert :lol: ). Just need to find a garage to quote me on all this now as I'm not paying dealership prices....

Will astound you with pics of Darcy once fixed (my alloys are ACE!)

Hey VikkiLee23,

I wasn't trying to insinuate anything about you passing your car on with faults, I should really have separated that post, it just came to me while I was reply to you !! Please don't take it the wrong way. :helpme:

I just thought about your car going back into the market and the one I had which had little service history etc and thought good or bad that it would be a good idea for prospective buyers to see the cars full history with all work undertaken.

I was not meaning you were going to dump your problems onto someone else, though some do as I bet a lot of traders have found out to their detriment.

Sorry to hear you were made redundant - that sucks, I've had that 3 or 4 times myself and the last thing you want to do is to have to spend it on Darcy, who after only 18k smiles should still be error free !!

Hope you sort it out soon - thank you. M. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

neilgsxr69 said:
Was it a Peugeot dealership who ran the diagnostics? As there is a dealer update on some early cars which is free of charge if yours is one of the cars possibly affected it relates to the turbo coolant pump needing a software update and possibly replacement. Not sure what codes this would throw up though.
And to be honest your car may be 7 years old but with only 18K miles it’s only just run in!

It wasn't, and I didn't know this. Since I'm loatge to part with Darcy I might give them a call tomorrow

A

Anonymous

No problem M I didn't take it the wrong way. I agree with you it would be good to know work that has been done when buying used cars. But to be fair if I part ex then I am passing the problem on, just hopefully to a large dealer with plenty of profit and not a buyer. It's most likely Darcy would go to auction as they won't offer finance on a car this age. No I wouldn't like to be a buyer in this position, but then I wouldn't buy a car from auction as I'm not able to fix the problems it will inevitably have.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
VikkiLee23 said:
No problem M I didn't take it the wrong way. I agree with you it would be good to know work that has been done when buying used cars. But to be fair if I part ex then I am passing the problem on, just hopefully to a large dealer with plenty of profit and not a buyer. It's most likely Darcy would go to auction as they won't offer finance on a car this age. No I wouldn't like to be a buyer in this position, but then I wouldn't buy a car from auction as I'm not able to fix the problems it will inevitably have.

I hope you have a happy outcome and either D'arcy is fixed or you buy a new Z ( I hope it is a Z !! ), don't forget to change your alloys if you were to part ex.

RE: faults....

At the end of the day it is not the end of the world, and anything with a car can be repaired, it's just the balance of finance - LOL :D

Don't forget the pics !! :beer: Cheers M.

A

Anonymous

Darcy booked in to garage on Monday :roll:

I can't attach pictures of Z. My tech skills are about as good as my mechanic skills :lol:

tianorth

Reaction score
Re: "ENGINE FAULT REPAIR NEEDED"

You can use an app called tapatalk, it automatically resizes images for this forum.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Thanks Tianorth [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Darcy:

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Wow I love the colour, is it Tarmalin Orange ?

That's in lovely condition all round, very nice.... :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

My V5 says red. Helpful huh. I think it was called Rouge Tourmaline. It is in fantastic condition considering age. A few tar spots to remove. Once fixed I will treat to a professional valet. The pretty exterior hides the stable inside (not the best car for a horse owner but the massive boot can hold a huge amount of horsey items [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]).

I've also found a video on youtube for how to put in an aftermarket media and sat nav android unit

Guppy

Reaction score
I'm with Pecodoras on that one... lovely colour, I can't say I seen one in the flesh nor in a photo.

Congrats on buying your stunning Z :beer:

A

Anonymous

Guppy said:
I'm with Pecodoras on that one... lovely colour, I can't say I seen one in the flesh nor in a photo.

Congrats on buying your stunning Z :beer:
I bought him in Nov 2014 lol. Longest car I ever owned I love the Z.

I know someone with the same car same colour lol it's like a matchy set when we meet up. I don't see the bluey looking one round here.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeh great looking Z! :dance: it is a rare colour one that wasn’t used in the MK2 it would be interesting to know how many of these were produced :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

neilgsxr69 said:
Yeh great looking Z! :dance: it is a rare colour one that wasn’t used in the MK2 it would be interesting to know how many of these were produced :eusa-think:
Aww I can't trade Darcy in if he's rare [WINKING FACE]. I decided to just pay the bill. Least I know mine been looked after well

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Re:

VikkiLee23 said:
neilgsxr69 said:
Aww I can't trade Darcy in if he's rare [WINKING FACE]. I decided to just pay the bill. Least I know mine been looked after well

I'd go with that too considering the low smiles that Darcy has done.

The Z in this colour was the first I looked at many moons back, it was fully loaded and had quads too !

I just love the colour, and in the sun it is different again.... a bit like mine LOL -

Soz I couldn't help myself :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

[SMILING FACE WITH HEART-SHAPED EYES] WOW ur Z is amazing. I've never seen that colour.

Totally taking the thread in another direction now but maybe Darcy needs a paint job... This without the decals lol

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Sorry VikkiLee23 that was a bit misleading, my car is white underneath;

it has been wrapped ( Avery Roaring Thunder gloss colour change )

Hijacked this thread a bit which is naughty, but gotta say your colour looks amazing already and doesn't need a paint, if you are thinking of a change of colour, wrapping is the easiest / cheapest option and you can always go back to the original colour, you just peel the wrap off !

I can't see the picture you have posted, for me it has not displayed, gotta say though I like the odd decal here and there, depending on the colour it can complement a car without looking " boy racerish " excuse the pun.

Guppy

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:

Hijacked this thread a bit which is naughty, but gotta say your colour looks amazing already and doesn't need a paint, if you are thinking of a change of colour, wrapping is the easiest / cheapest option and you can always go back to the original colour, you just peel the wrap off !

I can't see the picture you have posted, for me it has not displayed, gotta say though I like the odd decal here and there, depending on the colour it can complement a car without looking " boy racerish " excuse the pun.

Yes he is being very naughty indeed... he just can't help himself, showing off his new body job with swagger un all dat ;)

Guppy

Reaction score
Guppy said:
Plecodoras said:

Yes he is being very naughty indeed... he just can't help himself, showing off his new body job with swagger un all dat ;)

A

Anonymous

Lol i nicked thread from the OP, but i like this idea of car wrapping that peels off